Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sometimes, a girl’s just gotta treat herself


So life has been a little stressful lately. Between personal drama, and working lots of overtime to prepare for the merger at UBSH, I’ve been super stressed and exhausted. After a crazy day at work Monday, I found myself alone for the first time in over a week, and I realized that I needed a treat, and I couldn’t stand to be in that apartment for one more second. My girlfriends always tell me that I won't find real love until I love myself first...So what did I do? I headed out to get a mani/pedi of course! When I pulled up, they were closing, but they recognized me, and they were nice enough to stay open…just for me! They gave me a manicure and pedicure at the same time, did a bunch of extra stuff like hot stone massage, and then handed me a bunch of coupons-nice! Needless to say they were compensated, they deserved it!

After the mani/pedi I ran to the ABC store to pick up a bottle of the wine that I had at the sushi place with Hollie, Takara Plum-a Japanese sweet wine. Well, apparently ABC stores only sell VA wines-booo…so I asked for suggestions. I can only do dessert wines, because I am a big baby. This is when I was introduced to Cooper Vineyard’s Noche. Oh. My. GOD! That stuff is delicious!!!!! When leaving the store I had no clue if I would like it or not, so I picked up some of Horton’s Pear Port too, just in case. I filled up the bathtub with a ton of bubbles, lit every candle in the apartment, grabbed my trashiest chick lit, my glass of Noche, and a bunch of Ghirardelli chocolate squares with raspberry filling. I think for about 45 minutes, I may have been in Heaven. Any other time, I would’ve felt horrible about wasting money on a manicure and pedicure and 2 bottles of wine for just me, but hey, girl’s gotta treat herself, especially when things want to fall apart. But you know what they say-sometimes things fall apart so better things can come together…


Nothin' like one of these...

along with one of these...

a nice full glass of this...
(notice all the awards!)


about 20 of these lit...


several of these...


my current chick lit...


and last but not least a nice, big, fat one of these...


*Sadly, none of these images belong to me. Thank you google images!

Everyone deserves a little pampering once in a while!

See girls-I love me!

1 comment:

Elisabeth A. said...

SO SO glad you did this for yourself!! You DESERVE IT!!!! :) Excited for a little more pampering tomorrow night. Can we say chick flicks and junk food? :)
PS. I would DIE for one of those TUBS!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...