Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I love my friends =)

I may just be the luckiest girl in the world! After an unfortunate series of events earlier this month, I was really low. So...Jen's girlfriends to the rescue!!!! While I worked hard to get through the ending of a disaster(to say the least) of a relationship, my girlfriends were there to help me every step of the way. I have to give extra credit to Elisabeth for bearing a lot of this burden. She was there from the beginning, bearing gifts of tissues, oreos, milk, ice cream, buffalo bites, and artichoke bites...the girl knows me well. :) After a full day of pity party...

I woke up Monday with a different attitude, ready to move on.

I don't know how it happened so quickly, but I sure am glad it did.

The rest of the week was almost a blur, I was busy every night! Monday night was Casa Grande with Crystal, Tuesday and Wednesday I worked at Yankee, Thursday I had girl's night in with Elisabeth, and Friday I had dinner with Hollie at O'Charleys. Over the weekend I even kept busy working at the bank to get ready for conversion. Not only were my days and nights full, but I had constant check ups from Mom, my Dad, my bro, E, Mel, Crystal, Hollie, Kathy, Brooke, Honor, Ashley, coworkers, and many others. Without these people, I don't think I could've moved past this so quickly. When horrible things happen, you do find out who your friends are. And I can say the thing that all of these people had in common-they all disliked the choice that I made to date this person-but not one of them said "I told you so"-and I'm SURE that would've been easy to say. They stuck by me like REAL friends do, and that means the WORLD to me. I love my friends.

This situation has taught me so much. I've learned more about myself, my friends, trust, God's will, and forgiveness.  I've never been through something like this, but I hear that some people take a LONG time to get through it.  I've always considered myself blessed, very blessed. But now I know this for sure. I learned that I was in a downward spiraling situation, and had this exact situation not happened, I may have never got out. My friends were right. My friends are smart. So ladies, while you will never say it to me, I'll say it for you. You told me so, you were right, and I wish I would've realized it a LONG time ago. To the people who've been there for me throughout this, I love you, and truly appreciate what you've done for me, in the past, and now.  I pray that I can always be there for you too.

I can't finish this post without one last acknowledgment. I could never have recovered so quickly without God's help. While my friends were instrumental, God was #1, always there.  Between the Bible, prayer, and a great book on forgiveness, I could very well be a wreck right now, but I'm not. I am truly blessed, with a good Savior, friends, family, health, and the hope for an awesome future. And another thing I've learned in all of this...I've made a lot of poor choices in regards to a mate, and I need to stop trying to do it on my own. I need to be PATIENT, and better myself, and wait for the one God wants me to be with. I'm taking time to enjoy life, better myself, and pamper myself instead of someone else that doesn't deserve it. Like my girls say, I can't love someone else the right way until I love me!

Everything happens for a reason. This is SO true. And at that moment when it happened, I was devastated. But honestly, it's possibly the best thing that's happened to me. It's just what I needed. A good kick in the butt.

Now, time to move on to bigger and better things! :)

Life is beautiful. xo

1 comment:

Elisabeth A. said...

LOVE this post!!!! You are AMAZING and you're so right... GREAT things are to come!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...