Sunday, January 24, 2010

Word Of The Year

So by checking out the awesome blogs of friends of friends, I found an awesome idea of choosing a Word of the Year. After only a few minutes, a great word came to mind. Last year was a year of trials for me. Plenty of challenges, and lots of moving granted me more patience than I could ever think possible. I've always had an issue with patience. Now, after the past couple of years of my life, I find this quote from Bruce Almighty to be SO true: "Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?" I've been blessed with PLENTY of opportunities to "learn" patience.  That being said, I knew this year would need to be different-it already is!
So drum roll please-my word of the year is........
EVOLVE
Yup. Evolve. Six little letters, that's it.  The dictionary defines evolve as follows:
Evolve- to develop gradually by a process of growth and change; to unfold

So there you have it. My goal this year is to continue to evolve. I've already made some major changes at the end of last year, and I'm growing accustomed to them in 2010. One of the biggest changes for me this year is living totally on my own. I have my own two bed/two bath apartment and besides little old me living here, the only other warm body is Miss Coco. I was pretty scared at first, but I have to say, I am LOVING it now! I have gained such a sense of independance from being on my own. This is the very first time for me. I know, I know, I'm 27, but I've always had a roommate or someone else living with me and helping with the bills, but this time, it's all on me! What's even more shocking, is I am somehow managing it! :) Having 2 jobs helps of course. I'm actually loving having a second job. I'm not always thrilled about working on weekends, but that little extra paycheck is nice, and so is having something to do on nights that I don't have plans. 

I am excited to see what 2010 has in store for me (and Coco of course).  We already have one month down! In the coming months, I believe I'm going to have a word of the month as well. Since Jan. is almost over...stay tuned for Feb!

Life is good! xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...