Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dear 16 Year Old Me







Saw this today on a friend's Facebook page, and I really thought it was worth sharing. Please watch.






The older I get, the more I hear about things like this. Young people dying every day. Too young, too soon. It's just not right. I remember the days in my late teens when I worshiped the sun. I pray that those days won't come back to haunt me now. For the past 3 years or so-after getting the news about several different relatives getting cancer- I've been terrified of the tanning bed for the reasons stated in this video. Cancer is everywhere, but we can take precautions. I don't need to tan. Now, if I feel too pale I'll get a spray tan or use self tanner, much healthier options. If I do go out in the sun, I protect my skin. I remember the hot summer days as a lifeguard at 17 when I'd work from sunup to sundown unprotected, and used the tanning bed as well. I thought I looked great. You know what doesn't look great? Being dead. Not very attractive at all. So don't do it. It's not worth it. Plus it ages your skin faster, so you'll be wrinkly before you even turn thirty. So not worth it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...