Monday, September 27, 2010

Ok....I think its time to be nervous

Last week was sad. My last day at Union was Thursday. After exactly 8 years there, it was hard to leave to say the least. Not the building. Or even the corporation in general. But...the people!!!! Those awesome people have become my family, especially my group (CDU). Our group started about 2 1/2 years ago, and we are probably the most hated group in the corporation (aside from IT? lol) so we had to become like family and become a united front. Those people are awesome. I definitly shed a couple of tears on Thursday. Sometimes I wonder how I'll do without the encouragement of Sheila and Nelson, the laughs from Leo and Sara, the awesome close friendship of Ashley (and the gazillion things she taught me-both about my job and life in general), and the massive amounts of knowledge and patience from my wonderful boss, Joni. Yup, I said my boss (well former boss now) is wonderful. Because she is! They were so gracious about my leaving. They all knew it was for the best, and while I will miss them dearly, I have to agree, it was time to move forward. I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and I am grateful for that. These awesome people (along with several other coworkers) made the last two weeks of my time there a lot better than I thought possible. Encouragment, jokes, cards, gifts, food, cakes-they are so sweet! I love these people and will miss them soooooooooo much!!!




So, tomorrow is my first day at my new job. It was originally going to be today, but they had some issues getting my trainer in town in time, so tomorrow it is. Instead of being productive, I literally spent all day on my couch. This is something I NEVER do. So needless to say, the dvr may be cleaned up now, but nothing else is.  I planned on picking my outfit early, having everything ready, including my lunch...and here it is, nearly 9pm...and none of that is done. At least I have somewhat of a plan as to what I'm wearing....and I get to leave much later than usual, since my commute is less than 5 minutes now :)  What a HUGE change for me...this is the first job that is less than a 30 minute commute for me. This place is maybe a mile from home, if that. 
I have a few worries now that its getting close...I won't have everything done that I want to by the morning. I won't be on time, because something insane will happen, and then I'll look bad. Or I'll be 30 minutes early and look like a nutjob. I won't do well in training, and they'll send me home and fire me the first day...My outfit won't be good enough, my feet will hurt...blah blah blah. This is normal right? Bah!!!! I know it'll all be ok.
Enough whining for me. I know I'm blessed :) And excited. It'll alllll be ok. Now, time to do some "ironing". If you know me, you know what that means ;)

PS, anyone want to place a friendly bet on how long the 2 1/2 huges boxes of my desk crap will stay in my trunk?

Life is fabulous. xo ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...