Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Coco is TWO!

Let me just say...

1. I have the best friends in the word. 
2. I love my dog So freakin much-obviously.

Why do I think my friends are the best? Because no matter what, they are there for me-even when I throw my dog a birthday party. Yes yes, a dog birthday party, I don't have kids and may never have them, so get over it! =)  The party was originally scheduled to take place a few weeks ago, but due to all of the recent blizzards, we had to reschedule. This year Coco turns two, so instead of the cutesy first birthday party, I opted for a cocktail party-yay! Because let's face it...Coco and her dog friends don't even know what a birthday is, so we'll just say this is a celebration of her life, and a good excuse to get together with friends and eat good food. 

We had quite the little spread for the party, even though I promised I wouldn't go overboard this time (yeah sure). And my fabulously generous friend Brooke even offered to make my favorite dip-black bean and corn salsa...YUM! I decided to do pink cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, buffalo chicken bites, H & D rice cracker trail mix, heart Runts, Sweet tarts and of course chips and Brooke's salsa.  Ukrops had my favorite flowers in-Stargazer Lillies-and since I can't see to find my vase, I decided to use the adorable treat jar Mom bought for Coco for her birthday.  Perfect! I also made sure to have plenty of treats for our pet guests.  We all quickly devoured most of the food and chatted for hours, and played a fun game of Apples to Apples at the end of the night. =) That game can get pretty funny, so I love it! In case you were wondering what Coco's birthday present from is-a dog carseat! (And a ton of treats) I know you may think I'm ridiculous, but just google reviews for these things, they've saved a ton of lives! Coco has taken to it well, so I am pleased. Happy birfdayyyy!

Just a quick thank you to everyone that could come to the party-Mel ( and Coach), Brooke, Scott, Honor, Brian, Elisabeth, Matt, and Crystal. What a great time! Here are a few pix...enjoy!




Life is good! xo =)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...