Monday, September 5, 2011

It all started with a walk on the beach...

That walk was over a year ago, shortly after I met Darren. My brothers kept teasing that he liked me. I couldn't believe something like that, so I ignored it. The last night of our vacation last year in Duck, NC all of the kids (yes, I'm included in this) took a walk on the beach. I noticed Darren stayed near me the whole time, but told myself it was coincidence. Then when we went to go back the house, he put his arm around me. I was so flustered I thought I'd pass out. I told myself maybe he was just being really gentlemanly and helping me up the steps off the sand. Then that night we talked and talked, and started dating. You can read more about that here.  


I was excited to take more walks on the beach with Darren this vacation in Myrtle Beach, so when he asked to take a walk one night on the beach, I was glad to. It was dark out, but the sky was completely clear, so we saw thousands of stars out. Fireworks were going off in front of and behind us. It was beautiful. We stopped after a few minutes of walking in the sand and started talking about how happy we are. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and be with him forever, and of course I teared up and said yes! It was such a beautiful, special moment, I'd have to say the best of my life so far! I can't believe how blessed I am to find Darren. We are SO excited for our future! 


Here are some pics from the days following that special night. 






Sam's creative photography :)

Darren wanted to face each other, I guess he wanted to practice! 

I can't wait for the good pics that Hollie will be taking soon! 

I love it! 































I am so thankful and feel so blessed! We are thrilled to be engaged and can't wait to be Mr. & Mrs. Daniels! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...