Sunday, October 17, 2010

recipe hit & miss...

So I recently decided to really start cooking again. I used to cook all the time years ago, but got really slack and pretty much quit. So I'm out of practice, but I'm slowly working on it. I did quite a bit of blog stalking, getting most of my inspiration from The Cooking Photographer, as well as the blogs of friends. So anyway, I tried this recipe Roasted Carrot and Cream Bowties with Peas. I modified it a bit, adding chicken (because lets face it, a meal isn't a meal without some sort of meat), switching rotini for the bowties, and pureeing only half of the carrots and saving the other half to put in the pasta for color. It tasted ok. But just ok for a lot of work is not enough for me. It was good enough for me to eat that night, and two helpings the next day though, with the help of my salt shaker. The problem didn't start until Saturday, when I get a call from Kroger. Guess what? The huge bag of peas that I'd poured right into the pasta? Recalled. Well um...it's a little too late...since I ate 3 helpings, and Darren had 1 the night before when he came over. Guess why they were recalled? Because they found GLASS in them! WONDERFUL! So needless to say, I threw the rest of the leftovers away. Luckily, Darren and I both survived so far. How often do you get a call from your grocery store basically telling you, hey if you eat those peas you bought this week....you may die! I can't stop thinking about that popsicle "Shards of Glass" commercial. Fabulous...Once mom realized we'd be ok, she said, Jennifer, you finally cook for Darren, and now he's going to die. LOL...

So today I tried again, with much better results this time. Sheila from Union gave sent me this recipe last week, and I am so into anything that includes the words "buffalo chicken" that I just had to try. The only adjustment I made on this one was no celery...because I think that's just weird. It turned out DELICIOUS! I used Frank's Red Hot sauce for my wing sauce, and it was wonderful. YUM!
Ok so I'm not the best at pie cutting. But you get the point. This Buffalo Chicken Pie was Sooooooo yummy!

Life is fabulous! xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...