Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Things...

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing goes right? You wake up, you're totally optimistic about the day, can't wait for things to come...then WHAM! Something smacks you straight in the face, and sometimes, you're not sure you can even get back up again. Yup, today I had one of those days. After a great night last night, I wake up happy this morning, and working on plans for the future. When out of nowhere it happens. You've been there...that text, or call, or that email, that just makes you realize those plans you were just making, yeah, they're not gonna happen, at least not in YOUR time. I don't fare well with things like this, I tend to go into panic mode, so that's what I did. Since that moment today, I feel like I'm in a constant state of chaos. What am I going to do now? What's next? Why is the opposition so strong, when I'm just trying to do what's right? I was told it was going to be hard. I knew it would be, but why so fast, so strong, so frustrating? Sometimes we have to realize that we have to do things not only in our own time, but in God's time. Apparently I tend to forget this, on a daily basis. Then I have to get this little reminder, "Jen you must have forgot (forgotten??? wow, see how bad it is?) that you are not always in control." Oh really? Yeah, sometimes I struggle with that. A lot. Seriously.

Yup...this sounds about right!

The missionaries must have had the feeling something was up, because they called tonight, pretty late, which they usually don't do. So glad they did. They are always so encouraging, and they knew just the verses of Scripture to lift my spirit and make me ponder a bit.

I just kinda had to get that out. I probably won't really elaborate, it's something that's pretty personal. But I just felt like writing it out, hoping maybe it would help. Prayers are appreciated!

Oh yeah, the day was so bad, that just before I started this post, I started choking and gasping for air. What was I choking on you ask? Nothing. Air apparently. One of those days...

Time for some serious studying and prayer. I sincerely hope tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...