Friday, May 14, 2010

Friend of the Month~E!!!




While it’s not quite her birthday month yet, I’ve really wanted to write a blog about one of my favorite people in the whole world, my E! Elisabeth Alt that is. While we’ve only known each other since early 2008, you’d really never know it. Our souls seem to connect as if we’ve known each other for an eternity, and I’m pretty certain we have. We are so similar, yet so different at the same time. Elisabeth-whom I call “E” or “My E” (because I just like to, and its just easier, lol) is one of the kindest, gentlest, sweetest souls you would ever get the pleasure of meeting. She is beautiful. She’s not only obviously gorgeous on the outside, but if you can imagine, even more beautiful on the inside. She really is one of my dearest friends, and I don’t know what I’d do without her. We spend a LOT of time together, but it never seems to be enough. At work we chat back and forth on email all day, only for our daily call on the way home, and then if we’re not hanging out at night, then we’ll find a way to speak again before the day is done. We try to have at least one weekly girl’s night, which I look forward to all week! Recently it’s just been spent hanging out around our houses, but sometimes we get enough energy up to get fancy, and go out. We have a great time ALWAYS, whether we’re in sweatpants or stilettos.






Elisabeth became my friend at a very difficult time in my life. She was there for me every step of the way, and I am truly grateful. She made me see that life does go on and there’s still a lot of it left to be lived. More recently she’s taught me SO much more though, about eternal things, and for that, I will be forever grateful. I’d been looking for a church for quite some time, without much luck. It’s hard to go to a church for the first time, especially alone. So I decided to go to Elisabeths. Her church is a little different than what I was used to, but hey, I figured as long as the core belief is there, that is what really mattered. So I went, and I’ve been going ever since! I’ve learned so much in such a short time, and I am so thankful to her and her husband Matt for opening their home so the missionaries could come by a few times a week and teach me. Not only does she help me in this world, but she helped guide me in things involving eternity, and that makes her AWESOME! :)






Elisabeth is a virtuous, godly woman. Sure we all slip up, but she tries her best, and dusts herself off and moves on when something bad happens. She’s beautiful. She’s smart. She loves to read-a LOT. She loves to shop. She LOVES shoes, and lucky for both of us, we’re about the same size, so we get to share a lot! :) She loves Vampire stuff-books, movies, TV shows, and has made me the same way. She loves musical theater. I don’t. So I like to pick on her. But its just because I love her, and I’m jealous that I’m not as cultured. She’s adopted. By two of the most wonderful people in the world. One’s still here with us, and the other is with our Heavenly Father, and while I haven’t seen her in this life, I’ll be thrilled to see her in the next. I know she’s proud of her angel. Especially now more than ever. The choices she’s making and her lifestyle show that she is a good and righteous woman. She loves crafts. I don’t. Because she’s better at it than me. So I like to pick at her while she works on stuff. She’s a big fan of Jesus. This is something we share. And talk about, a LOT. She’d do anything for her family, and has proved that on countless occasions. She is the best aunt. Someday she will be a wonderful mother. She’s a wonderful, patient wife. She took a chance and followed her heart, and I think she is glad that she did now. She’s blessed. With SO many things, but a few more recent, very exciting ones. Her husband is becoming a member of the church tomorrow. I don’t think she could be happier than she is at the moment. She may dislike her job, but she does it. And she does it well. She always goes above and beyond. She likes planning parties and gatherings. This is something we share. So we are planning…ALL the time. There’s always something coming up, and while sometimes we’ll gripe about it, don’t let it fool you, we love it. She loves her sister, and is there for her whenever possible. When her mother passed, she left school and came home to take care of her father and sister. I know they’re grateful for that. She has yet to finish her education, but I know she will. Even though I told her it’s not a big deal. She likes to follow through. She hates broken promises. She is a faithful, patient, loving wife. She is a generous, kind, compassionate, beautiful friend. My forever friend.

With her sis Catie and her angel Mother at the DC Temple :)



Jen and E-the early days :)

Beautiful Family                                   

Halloween Bugs
Silly Girls

Beautiful Auntie

Fun, stylish girlfriend

                           
                                                                      
Easter hat anyone?
Long lost sisters...we have the exact same eyecolor! :)


Best friends share


And we're always attractive

Awesome couple!!!

We heart Melting Pot-silly girl =)

My beautiful, wonderful, forever friend

3 comments:

Elisabeth A. said...

Awwww SO SO SO sweet!!! You are wonderful, and this just made my day. SURE DO LOVE YOU!!! :) XO

Jen said...

Love u too, glad you liked it! :) xo

Anonymous said...

You look like you are getting married in your white gown. You have the same favorite book as I do. Holy Bible KING JAMES VERSION only. There is no other book for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...