Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Couch-to-5k

A couple of weeks ago I started the Couch-to-5k program. I couldn't take it anymore, I was starting to feel unhealthy, ran across the program on Pinterest and figured I'd give it a shot.


I bought the app for the program on my iPhone for only $2.99, and I believe it was money well spent. It really keeps me on track with what I'm doing, and you can even have a playlist!  


Let me preface this with some info about me for those that are not aware: I. Don't. Run. Ever. 


These say it best...












So the first part of the workout starts with a 
brisk walk, then you move on to a jog. 
Then you alternate jogging and walking. 
This gets your heart rate up. 

Each week the jogging time goes up. Starting 
with 60 second intervals all the way up to a 
full 30 minutes of jogging. When I started, I 
could barely jog for 60 seconds at a time. 
I'm now up to 3 minutes in week 3!











You have no idea how excited I get to see
this screen!
This was a not so happy face day.

This screen gives you a preview of each day,
letting you know what to expect!


Wanna know what my super awesome
workout playlist includes?

Ok, don't worry...I'll tell you:

Part of Me-Katy Perry
Turn Up the Music-Chris Brown
Starships-Niki Minaj
Back in Time-Pit Bull
What Makes You Beautiful-OneDirection
Dance Again-J Lo & Pit Bull
One Thing-OneDirection
Where Have You Been-Rihanna
Stronger-Kelly Clarkson
The Fighter-Gym Class Heroes
Payphone-Maroon 5
Scream-Usher

These songs have somehow kept me running
3 weeks. That in itself is an accomplishment.

I can't wait to start seeing more results!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...